Table of Contents
Lisa Frank Cookies
If you’re a fan of Lisa Frank, chances are you’ve come across her iconic designs on various products, from school supplies to clothing. But did you know that Lisa Frank cookies are a thing? These delightful treats are not only a feast for the eyes but also a delicious way to indulge in your love for all things Lisa Frank. In this article, I’ll be diving into the world of Lisa Frank cookies, exploring their origins, their popularity among fans, and where you can find these colorful confections. So, get ready to satisfy your sweet tooth and embrace the whimsical world of Lisa Frank cookies.
How to Make Lisa Frank Cookies
Gather The Ingredients And Supplies
To make your own Lisa Frank cookies, you’ll need a few key ingredients and supplies. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- Cookie dough: Start with your favorite sugar cookie dough recipe. You can either use a pre-made dough or make it from scratch. Just make sure it’s easy to work with and holds its shape well when baked.
- Food coloring: Lisa Frank cookies are known for their vibrant colors, so you’ll want to have a variety of food coloring on hand. Gel food coloring works best as it produces vibrant hues without thinning the dough.
- Cookie cutters: Look for cookie cutters in fun and whimsical shapes, such as unicorns, rainbow, hearts, and other Lisa Frank-inspired designs. These will give your cookies that signature Lisa Frank look.
- Decorating tools: Get a set of icing bags and tips for piping and decorating the cookies. This will allow you to create intricate details and designs on your Lisa Frank cookies.
Prepare The Cookie Dough
Once you have gathered all your ingredients and supplies, it’s time to prepare the cookie dough. Follow these steps to get your dough ready:
- Mix: Start by mixing the ingredients for your sugar cookie dough according to the recipe. Whether you’re using a pre-made dough or making it from scratch, be sure to follow the instructions closely for the best results.
- Divide and color: Divide the dough into several portions, depending on how many different colors you want to use. Using gel food coloring, add a few drops to each portion and knead it until the color is evenly distributed. Remember to start with a small amount of food coloring and add more as needed to achieve the desired shade.
- Chill: Wrap each colored portion of dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes to firm up. Chilling the dough will make it easier to handle and help the cookies hold their shape while baking.
Cut Out The Cookie Shapes
Once the dough has chilled, it’s time to cut out the Lisa Frank-inspired shapes. Follow these steps to create your vibrant cookie shapes:
- Roll out the dough: Take one portion of the chilled dough and roll it out on a lightly floured surface to the desired thickness. Aim for about ¼ inch thickness for nicely baked cookies.
- Cut out the shapes: Use your Lisa Frank-inspired cookie cutters to cut out the shapes from the rolled-out dough. Press the cutter firmly into the dough and remove the excess dough around the shape. Repeat this process with the remaining dough portions and colors.
- Transfer to baking sheet: Carefully transfer the cut-out shapes onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving some space between each cookie.
Bake And Decorate The Cookies
With the cookie shapes cut out, it’s time to bake and decorate them to bring your Lisa Frank cookies to life:
- Bake: Preheat your oven to the recommended temperature for the sugar cookie dough. Follow the baking instructions in your recipe but keep in mind that the vibrant colors may take slightly less time to bake. Keep a close eye on the cookies and remove them from the oven once they are lightly golden around the edges.
- Cool: Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. This will ensure that the cookies firm up and are ready for decorating.
- Decorate: Once the cookies have cooled, it’s time to unleash your creativity! Fill your icing bags with colorful royal icing and use various tips to create intricate designs and patterns on your cookies. Think rainbows, stars, hearts, and other Lisa Frank-inspired elements. Let the icing dry completely before enjoying your vibrant and delicious Lisa Frank cookies.
By exploring creative variations of Lisa Frank cookies, I’ve shown you how to bring a burst of color and nostalgia to your baking endeavors. Whether you choose rainbow-themed cookies or character-themed cookies, these recipes allow you to capture the essence of Lisa Frank’s iconic style. No matter which variation you choose, these Lisa Frank cookies are sure to bring a sense of joy and whimsy to any occasion. So go ahead and get creative in the kitchen, and let your inner artist shine through with these delightful treats. Happy baking!